Precautions for potassium chloride application2020-07-21 09:45
(1) Do not use on tobacco, sugar beet, sugarcane and other chlorine sensitive crops.
(2) It is suitable for base fertilizer and topdressing, but not suitable for seed fertilizer. Because chloride ion in potassium chloride fertilizer will affect seed germination and seedling growth. For base fertilizer, potassium chloride should be applied to the soil 10 to 15 days before sowing, combined with cultivated land. It is better to apply topdressing after the seedlings grow up.
(3) Master the dosage. Generally, the application amount per mu is controlled at 7.5-10 kg. For the sandy soil with poor capacity of maintaining fertilizer and water, a small amount of multiple application should be applied. The amount of potassium fertilizer is less than that of base fertilizer of 5-8 mu.
Special attention should be paid not to chlorine sensitive crops such as watermelon, grape, potato and other crops, so as to avoid "chlorine damage". Potassium chloride contains 45% - 47% chlorine. Continuous application of potassium chloride will affect the product quality of some cash crops, such as reducing the sugar content in grapes and fruits, reducing the flammability of tobacco, and increasing the moisture content of potato.
(4) Whether it is used as base fertilizer or topdressing, it should be applied as soon as possible, so as to wash chloride ions to the lower soil layer through rainwater or irrigation water, so as to remove or reduce the harm of chloride ions to crops.
(5) The effect of fertilizer and nitrogen fertilizer is better.
(6) Potassium chloride is not suitable for saline alkali soil with poor water permeability because it will increase the salt damage to soil.
(7) The application of potassium chloride in sandy soil should be combined with organic fertilizer.
(8) Generally, potassium chloride is not suitable for acid soil, but lime and organic fertilizer can be used together.